Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tickle the Ivories



Phil and I decided to take in a little culture last night and go see one of the performances of the Beethoven Complete Piano Sonatas series. It was a very nice evening but let me tell you the conclusion I have come to, Beethoven...wait all classical music...has no place in tropical climates. Seriously..hot weather and classical tunes just do not mix. Look at the above picture for example, does that seem right to you? The entire performance all I could think about was the old neighborhood, brownstones, snow falling, warm sweaters, red wine and Christmas trees (that one is a bit strange).

Now I have never been one to listen to classical music other than the very enjoyable trips to the Met but I think I will when I move back. There I will be in huge sweater, huge glass of wine and hopefully it will be snowing..hummm.. the new me sounds kind of boring! Rest assured I have a lot of learning to do before this happened as during intermission I turned to Phil, shared the above thoughts and then announced "I really liked the second song” to which he replied “it’s called a piece babe”

Whatever!

Jenni “full of culture” B

No comments: