Sunday, December 2, 2007

Belated Post

Due to technical difficulties this post did not go up on Friday so here it is today. I will recap for tomorrow's post.

I just have too many thoughts in my head and too little time to write a nice entry so I am just going to babble.

Ok to add on to yesterday’s entry about living here being just like college. Below is another Christmas celebration email I received today:

With the silly season almost upon us, some of Munster's elite (who shall remain nameless!) thought it suitable to mark the festive season with some festive cheer!
While a decadent black tie evening of mulled wine and canapés was discussed, it was outvoted in place of the inaugural….

12 Pubs of Christmas!

Not much is being given away (but I'm sure you get the gist!!)
However it's suffice to say….
- It starts in Muddy Murphy's on Orchard Road at 1.45pm on Saturday December 8th and
- The final stop is Zoukout in Siloso Beach


Let me tell you that Zoukout is a rave that is happening on the beach 8pm – 8am! I feel like I am living on an island version of Animal House. Now I know how T-Bone feels.

So now to tell you about tonight’s plans…complete opposite of this fiasco waiting to happen….tonight I am headed to the St. Andrews Ball. This apparently is a very posh event including a 5 course meal and wine. I had my cocktail dress all ready until a get an email from my date today that a ball gown is the suggested attire for the ladies…UMMM Hello a little more notice would have been helpful. So now I have to drag myself home, find one of the 2 long dresses I own and hope that there is not wine spilled all over them. Chances are quite good that they will in fact be “enhanced” with loads of red wine. This evening will mark yet another first for me in that my date will be wearing a skirt, a kilt to be precise and I have confirmed that they DO NOT wear anything underneath. I hope he doesn’t pull a Britney Spears or as Jeff said attempt any breakdancing!

Tomorrow is a late lunch, some rearranging of the NYC furniture in the Singapore apt…yes its here!! And an early to bed night since I am running another 10K on Sunday (what in god’s name am I thinking????)

Alright I have to bounce!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Those certainly were some very posh voice mails you left me from the St. Andrews Ball.