Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Pronounced Gong See Fa Choy means Happy New Year in Chinese! I am actually saying it and quite comfortable with my pronunciation if I do say so myself! It is strange because I have always been conscious of just how long you wish someone a happy new year after new years day. I have always gone by my own rule that after January 31st all “happy new years” were off! I always hated those people who you would see in March and they would wish you a happy new year. [inside my head] True, I may not have seen you since January but the year is not new lets move on! So here I am breaking my own rule…February 13 and I am wishing people Gong Xi Fa Cai! I am justify the breaking of the rule by 1) saying it in a different language 2) Actually celebrating the Rat and not 2008. Whew! I feel better now.

Ok while on the subject of Chinese New Year, I’d like to share some pictures of the client event I planned to help celebrate the occasion.

Lions for Lion Dance


Drummers...cheerful bunch huh?? but boy were they loud!


Standing Lions


Me and my beloved Lo-Hei GOD I LOVE THAT STUFF


Action Lo-Hei


FINALLY...THE GIRL THAT CALLED ME A WHALE...BITCH

3 comments:

JDizzle said...

Do you ever do any work over there? And that girl is no prize herself!

Kitty said...

OMG,

THAT is the girl. lol. Jen, seriously, you look like Gisele compared to that girl.

Jeff said...

Hmm, doesn't the Chinese New Year start in February? Hence the recent celebration.

Also, is Lo-Hei the women in the picture with you?