Sunday, April 13, 2008

JenniB = Total Loser



For those that read this regularly, you know that this weekend was a big one for me…. The Asia Contender Finale!! Let me tell you it did not disappoint!!! It was fabulous! Staying true to my word I punched, coached and yelled my way through all 4fights. Then as if the night could get any better, Phil and I went to a grab a drink and some food after the fights and it turned out that the after party was being held at the restaurant so I met some of the fighters. Imagine my excitement!!

Me and John Wayne. He lost the main event!! Look at that bruise!


Me and Dzhabar...he is a scary guy.


Me and Sean (another favorite)



Now here is where my loserness really shines. I was so excited by the “celebrities” that my eyes played a trick on me. My favorite boxer on the show was this Australian guy named Soren. He is super cute and seems to be a really nice guy. So after spotting him by the pool table it was my goal to get a picture before the end of the evening. After downing aglass of wine, I headed over:

Me: can I take a picture with you? [smooth, I know]
“Soren”: Sure what’s your name”.
Me: I’m Jennifer [hummm he seems taller on TV]
My fists clenched in my “picture with figher pose” Picture taken. Then all his friends start jumping in the picture and many more photos taken
Me: [inside my head] Wow he has a lot of friends from Australia here with him
Soren”: So why do you want my picture??
Me: [inside my head] Ut-Oh…this is NOT Soren. This is just some regular guy!!!
Me: Oh I just felt like it
Back at table
Me: I am such an idiot
Phil: Why?
Me: I just took a whole bunch of pictures with the wrong guy!!!

Needless to say Phil had a good laugh at that especially the photo with me doing the “fighter pose” with “Soren”. What that guy must have been thinking!!!

Scary that I keep looking at the pics with all the friends and I am certain I see the guy on the right all the time!!! How embarrassing! There is a resemblance don’t you think?

Real Soren


Soren Imposter and friends



All was not lost as the next day, out to lunch with friends, I spotted the real Soren along with 3 of the other fighters. Phil was trying to convince me to take a photo with him but I felt bad since he was eating and more nervous that they would recognize me as the crazy girl snapping photos the night before. Again, I was so excited and staring at them as we walked past that I walked smack right into a pole with a loud CLANK.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favourite visual is a clandestine JB, camera at the ready, running through the bar on tip toes as it would somehow make her more inconspicuous.

Jeff said...

That's comedy gold!