Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Forget the thumbs….Movie Review by JenniB

Still can not think of a better title. I think I need to get insomnia again as that is when I do my best work!

Ok as I mentioned before this will be an ongoing Stupid Ho feature so I hope you find my reviews useful and accurate. I am open to good-natured ribbing if you disagree.

Rating system:
4 wine glasses = a must see, stop reading this blog and head to your local theater or on-demand button!
3 wine glasses = Very good but don’t cancel plans to watch
2 wine glasses = my glass in almost empty
1 wine glass = go to the gym!
0 glasses – it was probably Sci-Fi or animated




Movie: Four Christmases
Cast: Reese Witherspoon, Vince Vaughn, Jon Voight, John Favreu and others
Venue: Regular theater
My Mood: Hung over and very tired
Genre: Comedy

Rating: 1 wine glass

I had such high-hopes for this one...holiday movie featuring dysfunctional families = priceless (usually). This movie just missed the mark and had so many opportunities to be funny and just fell short. I actually found myself crying (in a sad way) at one point…that to me people is no comedy..ok I am a hyper-sensitive person but come on! There were a couple of moments that made me giggle such as the photo album of Reese’s character but that just wasn’t enough. Save your $$..actually put in a jar labeled “Visit JenniB fund”

One thing that worries me is the ending, it leaves an opening for a sequel…Hollywood if you are listening..Save your money and send it to my friends for the visit JenniB fund!

PS I have purposefully not mentioned Thanksgiving as there will be a proper post as soon as I get my hands on the pictures.

J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really had high hopes for this movie? I'm a sucker for christmas movies and even I think this one looks stupid. Have you seen 'The Holiday'? That's good stuff.

rd said...

it looks like it would be one of those "good for an airplane ride"
movies

KaTeDuB said...

Brad and I went to see that and at one point, he leaned over and said Kate, I might cut myself.