Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 1

Day 1 got off to a very bad start… I could not sleep last night and when I did I had a terrible, terrible nightmare, the kind of nightmare that has you waking up and having to repeat…”it was only a dream”, it was only a dream” until you slowly convince yourself. One realization I came to while trying to get some sleep was that I am actually going to be 35 this year as opposed to the 34 I have been telling everyone..seriously there I was actually doing the math in bed 1974…1984…1994…2004…2009.. yep 35! This was a complete shock..god I am old. Perhaps this bought of insomnia and horrible dreams was a result of the anxiety of having to tell you all about the next 100 days…god how must Obama feel. I hope he really knows his age cause that one threw me for a loop.

Ok so after pulling myself out of bed, close to tears, I had to quickly get dressed and hop in a cab to meet potential new boss (PNB) at potential new office (not leaving current job [I hope] but most of you know the deal). I was stuck waiting in the lobby for 15 minutes next to some techy geek playing a very loud and very annoying video game..I was this close to shoving it up his ass! PNB arrived with potential new co-worker (PNCW) and the tour began. Pretty cool space..they have a huge associate lounge with pool table, fooze ball (is that how you spell it) tables, tv’s and FREE BEVERAGES…I could get used to this!!

Coming back to this drab, quiet office I was a bit depressed and spent some time daydreaming of fooze ball tournaments, lunches and tomfoolery with my PNCW’s then was slapped back to reality by a mandatory 4pm meeting…hummm what could this be about??? Me and current co-worker spent the remainder of our lunch time speculating….but back to business and before the 4pm I have some project plans to create, budgets to prepare and a very exciting investigation as to why an expense failed to hit the 2008 budget and is now appearing in 2009…the charge $1,500 – get over it!

4pm meeting…so mad and angry right now but not getting into it – This information is classified and it sucks. I should have pocketed aforementioned $1,500.

Based on the briefing (see how presidential I am) at 4pm I was ready for a drink and thankfully scheduled to attend some leaving drinks for a co-worker who is being relocated to Hong Kong. So I spent the rest of the afternoon pissed off and counting down the minutes until happy hour.

I plan to end day 1 with a swim and some packing…

Until day 2….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very mysterious post. You should just quit and come live with us in the mountains. We have a fooz-ball table!

turkey said...

You do???