Monday, January 19, 2009

Movie Time with JenniB

Here we go again!

Rating system:
4 wine glasses = a must see, stop reading this blog and head to your local theater or on-demand button!
3 wine glasses = Very good but don’t cancel plans to watch
2 wine glasses = my glass in almost empty
1 wine glass = go to the gym!
0 glasses – it was probably Sci-Fi or animated



Movie: See above
Cast: Anne Hathaway, Deborah Winger and a bunch of other randoms
Venue: Regular theater
My Mood: Burnt by the Sun
Genre: Drama

JenniB’s Rating = 1 Glass of Wine

After reading all the rave reviews of Anne Hathaway’s performance,I had high expectations for this one but was once again let down. This movie was so random. Some of the scene’s, ie rehearsal dinner, wedding reception were just too unnecessarily long. Can anyone explain the Indian wedding theme…trying to figure that one out.

Anne did give a great performance as Kim, the just released from rehab drug addict but the character itself really annoyed me and left me thinking how can someone be so selfish..guess that’s the point. I was so annoyed with the movie that about 10 minutes from the end I turned to my movie companion and said “would she kill herself already” SPOILER ALERT…disappointing…she does not!

I mentioned the random cast of characters and that was the one thing that kept me somewhat interested in the story…it was comical to just watch them in the background…and the fiancĂ© what’s up with him??

Perhaps there is some deep meaning to all of it that I am clearly missing..if so, someone enlighten me!

Ok so there you have it another disappointing night at the movies.

1 comment:

rd said...

movie recommendation for you...slumdog millionaire.
potential 4 glasser...