Saturday, January 3, 2009

Perspective

Happy New Year! Unlike the past, I think 8 years, of ringing in the new year by dancing to the "greatest song in the world" with the NY/PHILLY crew, I celebrated the arrival of 2009 dancing to Donna Summer's Bad Girls with Mel, Chris, Christopher, Robin, Abby, Christian and Adian..(who knew Robin was such a Donna Summer fan??) sporting 2009 glasses and quite frankly it was one of the best. Yes, there were no "let's take off our pants" moments but this was one of the best for a very different reason. It was wonderful to be with my family.

The end of 2008 turned out to be not what I expected but out of this came the realization that no matter how bad things may seem, my parents, sister(s), brothers, friends - new and old - are there and that makes me the luckest person ever! That being said - thank you!

Even though I was very successful with last year's resolution - climbing a mountain -I have decided to forget a list of resolutions (drink less, exercise more blah, blah) and focus on putting things into perspective and keeping sight of what really matters most..family and friends. It is very easy to lose sight as we worry about relationships, job security, and the overall dire state of the economy but when those things do fail...what are we left with?? Family and friends!!! Oh god how easy is it to take these two for granted, especially when you are as self involved as I am (check on the self realization huh?).

I truly hope that 2009 brings to you all that you wish for but when it does not...I am here for you!

Love you all!
JB

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm bummed we couldn't get together when you were in the area but I'm glad to hear you had a great time on New Year's Eve.

rd said...

missed you these holidays, but glad you were able to have a nice time with the fam
xo

Anonymous said...

When you call out my name...

Seriously though, it was great to see you and those were lovely sentiments.

And I'm good looking and like to travel.

JDizzle said...

We defs missed you at NYE in PA. CP was beside himself with grief until he pounded a few glasses of Korbel and sported a glow in the dark necklace.

Miss you!