Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Durable Pants

Those two words may mean nothing to you and really on their own nothing to me but put them together and they remind me of a very special person in my life…..Michelle F (well now R)! Yes it was the one and only Michelle that phoned me one day circa 1996 to tell me she had just purchased a pair of durable pants for her waitressing job at some TGIF-like restaurant at the mall. Durable pants?? Who really says that?? I had to admire her turning a blind eye to fashion and opting for practicality (yes, we really are best friends!). Worst of all they turned out to be not as durable as she thought since I am pretty sure they split during one of her shifts.

Chances are Michelle does not even remember this story as she has the WORST memory ever! I envision us sitting on a bench somewhere well into our 80’s, me reminiscing about all our good times and travel adventures only for her to turn to me, stare blankly and ask…who are you?? Why are you talking to me??

Ok I know you are wondering why I am thinking about this silly story and why I chose to share with you now?? Well, today (Jan 23 since not sure when you will read) is my very best friend’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISH! She is one of few people I know that can make you laugh without even really doing anything (this is almost always unintentional). I wish I was there to celebrate with you in SD! I love you dearly and hope you have an awesome day!

So please join me in wishing Michelle a very special day filled wine, laughter, friends and perhaps some durables!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO (a thousand times)

6 comments:

Nocturnal Admission said...

Is it a puppy?

Unknown said...

oh I am dying from laughter! I know Jeff and Heather remember the durables from the good ol' days of Red Heads and mortal combat (see I do remember somethings!). Love you jennyb (yes with a "y" b/c back in HS she was always jennyb not jennib or did I forget that too ;)

JDizzle said...

Michelle likes to wear pants while JenniB likes to take them off. "Let's take off our pants!"

Jeff said...

"Oh my knees"!

Happy birthday Michelle!

turkey said...

I remember when Michelle lost all her stuff at Chubby's that night...good times! Happy Birthday Michelle!

Anonymous said...

i've been peeing in my (durable) pants for the past half hour...i'm going to go put a quarter in the "jootbox" "next store" and play some jbj for our michi...