Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mr. Sandman

Yay! Last night was the first night since I have been here that I had a good night's sleep without the help of Tylenol PM or exorbitant amounts of alcohol! That is good stuff perhaps I am finally settling into life here?? Scary thought.

Thank goodness that I was able to rest as I had to wake up pretty early to take a long run in preparation for the 10K which is only 2 weeks away. Oh god I hope I can finish! Not only was the thought of totally embarrassing myself during the race an inspiration to keep going but tonight after work I am going shopping for a wetsuit. Yes you read that right...a wetsuit! HF's boyfriend, who is a big diver, is coming along to help us with the purchase for our diving trip which is in 3 weeks! The thought of shoving my fat ass into a tight body suit under florescent lighting is not sitting too well with me (either are the 3 cookies I just ate...stress eating!). I am hoping that I can get a bright green suit so sharks will not mistake me for a plump seal...think it maybe too warm here for seals..so a plump something else that they eat and take a big bite out of me. This shopping experience should be pretty comical but don't expect pictures of the fiasco!

I do have another piece of good news, the cleaning lady does not have a black eye...thank god!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plump seal? LOL.

Having recently been in a wet suit myself, I can tell you it is FAR from flattering.

Glad you're getting the shut eye finally x

JDizzle said...

I had to don a wet suit for a rafting trip and it was NOT good. A terrible invention for fashion.