Monday, July 16, 2007

Home Sweet (2 year) Home

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. I was very happy to read the comments on my previous post and see that the Brooklyn gang is accessible via email!! Woo-hoo!! I hope you are having a great time discovering lots of pirate ships and burried treasures. I just had a vision of chunk from Goonies...good stuff!
On to the move....it got off to a rocky start..with me getting in a fight with the front desk person at the hotel. It seems that my company did not confirm an early check-in upon my arrival at the hotel so, although I was checking-out two days early, they were personally charging me for the early arrival. I know, does not make sense to me either but there were all these rules about 30 day contract, seriously way too boring to go into. Faced with the idea of parting with $$ that could clearly be put to better use (drinking/eating) I had the brilliant idea to lie and be like "you know I should have been told I would be charged for this early check-in when I arrived!! To which the response was, "Miss Jennifer, you signed right here (finger pointing to what was clearly my signature) that you would pay when you checked in...DAMN these people are good...totally caught in a lie! I do remember signing that form but just assumed the company would pay. Well what is a girl to do in this situation....act like a bitch and storm off of course!! Rest assurred this is not over and I have taken this up with the relocation people.

Rest of the day was smooth sailing. Go to the new pad, (literally) dropped my stuff and changed to go meet people for drinks...not one thing unpacked after all I had all day Sunday!

Got home from Saturday night Sunday morning at 4am...

Sunday...champagne brunch, pool time, TV, sleep

Today....the only thing out of my suitcases are Sat. oufit, Sunday oufit, bathing suit, the dress I have on, my shoes and underwear and I had 24 more boxes from NYC delivered this AM....lets take bets on just how long will it take me to fully unpack??? I am really going to put in a good effort but I say end of month!

So here are some pictures of the apt. Jeff I really need your magic touch!

Front Door
Dining Room (door you see in the mirror is to the laundry room)


Above: Living room with closed curtains Next: What's on the other side of the curtains bummed that fountains are not on:


Bedroom with my new bedding can't really see the detail though and I have blue accent pillows. View the same on other side of curtains.
So now you can kind of get an idea of where I live. Missing are pictures of the kitchen and study area but it literally took me a while to get these pic in the right position so you'll see those rooms soon enough.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.
XOXO








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi JenniB! I am so excited that your blog is up and running! Your place looks great! I sent you the little "gift" I told you about and it was sent back to me, so I need some info on how to mail stuff to Singapore. You won't even need Jeff's magic touch after you see the little housewarming goody I have for you!
Keep the juicy updates coming...especially when it comes to Mr. Slick!!!
LOVE YOU!
Heather

JDizzle said...

Hey Jen, Nice blog. Good to hear things are going well in Singapore. Please post more pictures! Your apartment looks nice. It will be home soon enough. Good luck with the stalking. I will be checking back to see how that goes!!!

Bessie.

Anonymous said...

That's my girl -- sounds like the perf Sunday. In other news, I'm moving to Ocracoke permanently (until the next hurricane). Bye sweet cheeks xx

Anonymous said...

The place looks great but you might want to get a few rugs and some lovely framed photos of me.

Anonymous said...

no worries jen, i am sending an inflatable jeff doll in case you forget what he looks like, or want someone to prop up on the sofa to watch tv with.
miss you!