Sunday, July 22, 2007

Weekend Wrap-Up

This weekend was both sad and fun. As per previous post, Friday was my birthday and it was really tough, tougher than I expected. I was really sad and the total indifference shown to me by my direct co-workers (minus temp and Wendy) made me want to jump on the next plane home. I really am not being dramatic here, not one other person wished me a happy birthday (very cold) and it was obviously my birthday. So anyway, after having a totally emotional day at the office, I headed home cried some more and forced myself to meet some friends for dinner.

SD met me at my apartment bearing a card and a bottle of champagne so the night was looking better already. I explained the events of the day which she totally understood as she had the same experience with her local co-workers when she first arrived. So we headed off to meet the rest of the crew for many (many) drinks and some dinner. Below is a picture of our table and me "blowing" out the b-day candle. That is J in the picture great guy.


Needless to say after the day of feeling sorry for myself, I self-medicated way too too much and don’t really remember making it home at 4am.

Saturday was brunch with my friend Katherine and two potentials (potential new friends for me, what I like to call friend dating…I’ll explain more in a future post) some laying around and finally dinner with PH. We went to what is now my favorite restaurant in town Original Sin. Great vegetarian place in a great little neighborhood, Holland Village. Seriously amazing food! Having just returned from Hong Kong that morning, PH bought me humm…how do I explain this…I guess you would call it a table decoration. It is a solar powered thing with three cows on it and when the light hits the solar panel their heads move. Am I painting a picture for you??? Anyway it made me laugh and we kept it on the table the whole night. I was adament that we have a respectable evening but once he order a second bottle of wine I knew that idea was out the window. We ended the evening the way we ended last weekend with way too many margaritas and I am pretty sure I cried again…good times.

Sunday some pool time (here's the pool), new phone purchase and managed to unpack 3 more boxed. I am totally on schedule for my end of the month goal!

So that’s it. WARNING: I am about to get sappy. I am really lucky to have met some quality people here and people that I can actually call my friends but nothing can replace my family and friends in the States. You guys are everything to me and I actually do know that I tell you (mostly when drunk) but just wanted to tell you again. I hope I give you guys ½ as much as you give me!

Ok seriously….I’m a loser.

6 comments:

Kitty said...

OMG Jennib, you are the cutest ever...it makes me so sad that you moved just when we began hanging out more...

What happenned to Mr Slick???

Anonymous said...

I want to know more about this solar powered cow thing.

JDizzle said...

Yes, Jen please post pics of the cow thingy. And your boy toy "J" looks way hot.

Anonymous said...

where can we find these cow things?

Unknown said...

I am sure you were sad on your bday (i expected a tear or two ;) but how cool is it that you have a big group of friends there to celebrate. I am very impressed with your friend making skills ;) That is a big crew to go out and celebrate in your honor after you only lived there for 1 month... that is because they know how GREAT you are! Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

J is a babe!