Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Belated Weekend Review

After the horrible week I had last week, I was ready to get the weekend started! Friday night SD and SF has a vodka themed BBQ at our complex. A lot of BBQ items were eaten and vodkas drinks drank which resulted in SD and me going for a swim..fully clothed.
Good times!

I decided to have a mellow Saturday since PH and I planned on doing a 3.5 hour hike in the jungle on Sunday. Sunday morning we headed off to MacRichie Reservoir for our adventure. I picked up PH in a cab and he was equipped with a backpack filled with water, sunscreen and extra socks??? I was impressed as I just had my phone and a camera. His days as a youth group camp counselor were really paying off for me.

After only a 15 minute/$7.00 cab ride outside of the city, I was pretty skeptical about this actually being a jungle and was kicking myself for not exercising in the morning seeing that it appeared quite flat. About 10 minutes into the hike I was sweating like a pig so regrets of no morning exercise were out the window.

As we ventured further in I was not disappointed. It was really beautiful. The highlight of the hike is a long suspension bridge. Just as we were about to walk on I was greeted by our new friend to which I started yelling..it’s a monkey!..its a monkey!

When we got to the other side of the bridge we entered this really creepy area. All you could hear were the trees swishing and limbs breaking but could not make out where it was all coming from until your eyes adjusted and you make out hundreds of eyes staring back at you…more monkeys! this time little ones. They were so cute but as the same time reminded me of those creepy flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz.

We did manage to see a snake, a croc and this big lizard.

All in all it was great first time jungle experience.

XO Indiana Jenn!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good times... i want to do that hike when i visit! monkeys are cool.

JDizzle said...

Whoa! Sooo coool!

Touch my monkey. Love him.