Monday, August 6, 2007

Do I have a problem???

What’s up!

I am back and completely relaxed from my weekend in Phuket…I know, I know…not what you expected to hear..you were expecting crazy stories of drunken mayhem, the ping pong ball trick and all sorts of debauchery but no, it was pure relaxation.

I knew that a mellow weekend was in store when on my way to the airport KH decided to tell me that SC does not drink…(Inside my head (IH)…record scratch…..WHAT??????????????? who does not drink…turn this car around) but does not mind when people drink around her (IH: ok..humm wonder why??? Betty Ford alum?? Just a freak??..I am going to get drunk and ask…vacation back on track)

We got to the villa around 7:00pm and let me tell you this place did not disappoint. It was pretty sick….(IHCould I afford a place like this with all the money I would save by not drinking?? For oh but a brief second sobriety sounded good…F THAT!). After a tour of the place SC suggested we sit by the pool for a “drink” to chat before dinner (IH: Now that’s what I am talking about) SC: water or diet coke (IH: Oh for the love of god! Think about your guests man!!)

We headed to dinner and I managed to have 2 glasses of wine but not without feeling like I was ordering a needle full of heroin each time I flagged down the waiter (KH had only one drink). Just to clarify though these feeling were totally brought upon myself and by no means did she/they make me feel strange about drinking. I, on the other hand, was seeing a side of myself that I never noticed before because most of my friends enjoy the drink just as much as I do. I felt kind of like I had a problem....did I really need to drink to have a good time??? Does fun always include drinking?? I felt like I was having a major "after school special" dilemma. F that I’m fine..I am on vacation!

My drinking self conscienceness subsided and by Saturday night’s dinner I was up to 3 glasses of vino (to my surprise 3 glasses actually make you tipsy when you drink slowly like they are supposed to) and embarked on some tipsy bathing suit shopping which had me walking around the shop with just a bikini and heels. Aww…liquid confidence…is there anything better??

I will not bore you with all the relaxing details of the weekend…the most amazing food, beach, pool, massage…but all in all it was a great trip. Thailand is an amazing spot and can not wait to get back there again.

I don't have a problem right??

XO

4 comments:

JDizzle said...

You don't have a problem Jen. Just tell people that you're afraid to drink the water and thus HAVE to drink booze.

Jeff said...

It sounds to me the only problem is this new gang you are running around with. What kind of monster owns a vacation villa on an island named fuckit and doesn't drink?

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I've never heard of the concept of not drinking booze. I think you're making it up.

So, no naked dancing on the roof with sparklers??

JenniB said...

See now that is what I am talking about!!! I knew you guys would make me feel better. JD...the water excuse...I love it!

K: Naked sparkler dancing only happens in Brooklyn.