Friday, August 24, 2007

Did you know (I didn't)

This is the first of a series of posts titled "Did you Know (I didn't)" where I will highlight some new things I have learned about the region I now call home. I will also include my opinion/reaction to the new bit of info.

So my first fact is:

Did you know that it is a tradition in Indonesia to lessen prison sentences on public holidays?

I learned about this as Indonesia's Independence day just passed and two of the Bali bombers' sentences were reduced as a result of this tradition.

I say F that tradition...its stupid.

Have a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

JDizzle said...

It would at least be more interesting if the prisoners picked possibilities from a hat. Like maybe there would be good things like a variety of reduced sentence tickets or a get out of jail free card and then like one "death" ticket. That would be cool.

Nocturnal Admission said...

Please send me a list of public holidays over there so I know when to call and tell you that's it's ok to argue with taxi drivers