Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It Wasn't Me...

I am so excited every minute seems an eternity today…why you ask??? Well tonight I am dusting off my dancing shoes, breaking out the concert t-shirts and heading over to Fort Canning park for Singapore’s one and only outdoor music festival..SingFest. Tonight’s line up is a good one with performances by Cyndi Lauper (based on Jeff’s experience she will not disappoint) The Pet Shop Boys… annnnddddd…wait for it, wait for it……SHAGGY. Yup…the incomparable Shaggy will be performing his classic hit..It Wasn’t me…and any other craptacular “hit” he may have had. I will take a picture of my excitement when I hear the first twang of whatever instrument is played in that song to share with you. I can just imagine your excitement. To make the evening even better, Thursday is a holiday so I can really let loose (did I just type that??? I really am a loser).
Actually I am going to make this a double header post since I will be out of the office on Thursday soo..time for some learning.

Tomorrow is National Day here in Singapore so I thought it would be a good idea to see what exactly I am celebrating other than a day off.

The National Day in Singapore is observed every year on the 9th of August since the time Singapore gained her independence from Malaysia in the year 1965. It was on this day that Singapore withdrew itself from the Federation of Malaysia and became a republic a month later. The National Day is celebrated by all people to venerate Singapore's independence.
The National Day of Singapore is celebrated with a national Day Parade. This Parade on Singapore National Day has become the grandest national event in Singapore. The celebrations of the national day of Singapore include an amazing exhibit of fireworks that marks the pinnacle of the parade when the sky becomes a canvas of colors. It is accompanied by military parades, colorful demonstrations of different cultural groups, amazing stunts by the Singapore Armed Forces parachutists and the melodious choirs by the school children.
The Singaporeans dress themselves up in the patriotic colors of red and white. There are also a number of patriotic songs composed for the national day in Singapore such as 'Stand up for Singapore', 'Count on me Singapore', etc.


The National day in Singapore is thus celebrated with a great pomp and splendor and ensures an entertaining occasion of music, dance, colors and fireworks galore.

Let me tell you they really do take this celebration seriously. The armed forces have been practicing their amazing stunts referenced above for the past month which has them flying over my complex each Sunday at 3pm. The stunts…they are amazing. Also, every corner of this city is draped in the Singapore flag. How am going to celebrate??? I am going to a party where I will really show how patriotic I am by drinking lots and lots of RED (the nations color) wine an most likly wearing some wine by the end of the night.

[singing]….how could I forget I had given her the extra key…it wasn’t me….

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh where to begin?

I didn't do it.

A canvas of colors and a melodius sky? I think I just crapped my pants.

Anonymous said...

This is such a GREAT party!

Jeff said...

Thanks for calling me during one of my most favorite Cyndi Lauper songs.

I have to admit, I skipped over the second half of this post because of all the words.

Anonymous said...

did shaggy sing boombastic?? that is my absolute favorite.