Thursday, August 30, 2007

Everybody's leaving.....

TGIF…I am ready to blow the 5pm, well here it’s more like the 7-8pm whistle [music playing…You know you make me want to SHOUT!!] I miss Z100’s 5 o’clock whistle! Anyway after a week of very late night conference calls and sobriety (not one drop people) I am ready to get the weekend started. That being said, it is the beginning of a bittersweet one.

First of all, today is the temp’s last day. Let me tell you he is going to make some lady very happy one day. Today I come back from getting my lunch and there is a card and a bookmark with my name on it (don’t really understand that one) from him. The card is kind of mushy about friendship (which is strange) and this is what he wrote:

Hi Jennifer! Time just flies! You have been the biggest blessing to me during my time here! Your warm smile and random comments (love that!) never fail to brighten my day. Glad to have met a friend like you. May God continue to bless your time here abundantly! Keep in Touch JL.

Ok seriously, that made me cry and sounds like something I would say when I am drunk (minus the God part of course). Anyway..how cute is the temp!!!

So tonight I am off to goodbye drinks for my friend MK who after seven years here is heading back to NYC. NYC peeps, you will meet him. He’s a cool guy (and cute).

Tomorrow night is goodbye drinks for my friend SF. This one I am super, super sad about!! He is my Singapore gay boyfriend and he is moving back to London. Tomorrow will be very sad and I am sure messy seeing that he loves wine just as much as I do. I will be certain to take lots of pics since the itinerary is taking us to two of my favorite rooftop bars which are beautiful.

Anyway that’s about it! Have a great long weekend!

XOXO JB

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Maybe the temp want you to be that happy lady.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should meet the cute gay friend when I am in London.

Anonymous said...

By the way - get a blogging - it has been too long.