Sunday, August 12, 2007

Monday, Monday

I hope everyone was able to enjoy their weekend even though I am sure some of you experienced some restless nights thinking..”humm..I wonder why JB has not posted in a couple of days??” “Humm..I wonder how Shaggy was?” “Humm…I wonder what the National Day celebration was like?” Well I am sorry about that but am about to answer all your questions is a very brief wrap-up of the last couple of days in my life.

No post: Work has all of the sudden become so crazy busy which is a good thing. To add an insult to the increasing workload, I am dealing quite a bit with India and lets just say…a lot is lost in translation. Each time I get off the phone I am seriously sweating the conversations are so difficult.

Singfest (Shaggy): Let me tell you this was one of the best concerts I have ever been to. When I think of outdoor music concert, I think of a huge open field where you are packed in body to body and can barley make out the people on the stage, however, I did not take into consideration the fact that I was in Singapore and everything is on a much smaller scale…the setting was beautiful. Think concerts in Central Park but much smaller.

As most things in my life, this night got off to a rocky start. It is not an exciting story so I will spare you the details but I ended up missing Shaggy’s performance. I arrived right after he finished and everyone was raving about his performance…I was like..they have to be joking but apparently he rocked. All was not lost though as he sang All through the Night and Girls Just Wanna have fun with Cyndi Lauper. I witnessed it myself….Shaggy rocked. Cyndi lets just say amazing and I want to be her when I grow up. Sugar Ray….DAMN!! Mark McGrath is H-O-T!!!! I shimmied up to the front row for their performance and got some good pics. He is so hot but when he had his sunglasses he looking amazingly just like Johnny Drama from Entourage. The Pet Shop boys ended the night (2am). They had the best back-up dancers I have ever seen.

Cyndi
Cyndi & ShaggyPet Shop Boys

National Day: Nothing really special. I did go to my friend’s office party where I heard a familiar accent and turned around to see a couple that were obviously from NY. I was like oh I have to go introduce myself and bond over all the things we miss about NYC. I am totally stereotyping here but I am pretty sure this guy grew up in Bayridge or SI. So before I can make my move, the fire works started at which point I hear VERY LOUDLY…Hey-oh! Yo this is just like Macys fireworks.[please read that sentence with the stereotypical NY accent). I just had to laugh to myself.

Weekend: Had a wonderful Indian dinner with a bunch of friends and then…..2 for 1 lychee martinis…..enough said…..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

fun weekend. I always though mark mcgrath was so hot! But I have been losing interest since he has been doing Extra but how good does he look in those photos...

Jeff said...

Your camera takes great pictures.

Anonymous said...

marc mc grath is a tool